A voice and a choice for our mental health
Right Here offer a variety of FREE resilience-building activities to people aged 16-25 in Brighton and Hove.
Through our activities we provide young people with the opportunity to develop confidence and resilience, meet new people, and have fun! Find out more about what we mean by ‘resilience’ and why we offer these activities.
Currently our activities schedule includes:
- Rock Climbing – indoor rock climbing (can lead to AQA certificate)
- Chill Out – Yoga and stress-relieving techniques course
- Jog On – Fitness and jogging club for all ability levels
- Keep Calm and Carry On – Anger management course
- Walk & Talk – counselling and group walk for supporting people experiencing anxiety
You must book a place in advance for all of our activities. To book onto an activity you can:
- Text or phone Laurence, the Activities Coordinator, at 07850 500420
- If you have any problems getting through, or prefer to call a landline, you can also call the Right Here Brighton & Hove office on 01273 222562
For any further questions and information about activities, phone / text Laurence on 07850 500420, or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note there are a limited number of spaces on each activity. If an activity is full, priority for places goes to people in the following groups: NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training), Young parents, Young carers, Those who have been bullied or bully others, Young people who feel isolated, Homeless or separated from families, Those who misuse substances, LGBTU (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Unsure), Young people with physical and/or learning disabilities, Young offenders, Young people in or leaving care, Asylum seekers or refugees, Black and minority ethnic young people
All activities have been chosen by young people, in particular our activities volunteers. We are constantly changing and improving the activity schedule, so look out for new and different activities in the future. In fact, you can help us choose future activities that you’d like to see in the future.