A voice and a choice for our mental health
Activity and Health
How else does physical activity help my mental health and emotional wellbeing?
• Exercise helps you to get active and meet new people. This can stops you from feeling isolated and unsupported
• Exercise gives you a sense of achievement, which increases your confidence
• Exercise can give you new goals and a sense of purpose. You have something positive to focus on and aim for
• Your physical health will also be improved – reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, some cancers and obesity
• Exercise makes you feel more lively and energetic
• Exercise increases the release of the brain chemicals that affects your mood and makes you feel happier
• Exercise can boost your self-esteem – it can improve the way you look and how you feel about yourself
• Exercise can offer an alternative choice to medication.