A voice and a choice for our mental health
- Volunteers play a really important part in Right Here: we are a truly youth-led project, meaning our volunteers make a lot of important decisions and decide how the project will run. We aim to develop teams of volunteers which are diverse and reflect the communities which we are trying to help. All our volunteers are aged 16-25.
What can we offer our volunteers?
- Improve your skills and boost your CV / UCAS application.
- Increase your confidence and do something really important.
- Try something new, meet new people and have some fun.
- A sense of achievement and satisfaction by helping others.
- Training in equality and diversity, mental health awareness, communication skills etc.
- Free travel and snacks at meetings!
What do we expect from our volunteers?
- A commitment to attend weekly team meetings for at least 6 months
- Open and honest communication with Jacob (team coordinator) eg text beforehand if you can’t make a meeting
- An interest in promoting mental health or young men’s health (depending on your team) to other young people, professionals and in the community
- Be a good team player eg help create an open friendly atmosphere at meetings where everyone feels involved and empowered
- Be interested in your own personal development eg able to identify areas of personal interest (with career development in mind) and any training needs you have
- Your energy, enthusiasm, ideas and personality!
Are you interested in volunteering?
Check out our Volunteering FAQs page for more info.
- Click here for our Right Here Volunteer Application and more information.
- Please s
- end your application to email@example.com
- Please note: There may be a waiting list for spaces as we are regularly oversubscribed! We will let you know & look forward to hearing from you!