A voice and a choice for our mental health
Mental Health Promotion Workshops
Right Here Brighton and Hove is offering FREE peer-led wellbeing workshops to groups of young people at:
Secondary schools in the Brighton and Hove area (as part of the Public Health Healthy Schools programme)
We have two workshops available:
1. Coping Better with Exam Stress (1 hour)
What is stress?
How does it (personally) affect our body / feelings / behaviour?
Top revision tips (eg anti-procrastination, vary locations, breaks and rewards…)
3 x stress management techniques (body clench, deep breathing, visualisation)
2. The Five Ways to Wellbeing (1.5 hours)
Teach Well-B-E-I-N-G then run activities teaching each of the five ways:
Be active / Engage / Interests / Notice / Give
All our workshops are:
- Written and delivered by young Right Here volunteers aged 16-25, and supported by, the team coordinator.
- Friendly, informal and confidential, with lots of interactive activities.
- Aligned with the PSHE curriculum outcomes around mental health and wellbeing.
- For school groups of up to 30 young people, age 13-18s.
- Designed to be replicated by tutors and youth workers with other groups of young people.
We are now taking bookings on a first come first served basis. We can only take double bookings of 2 workshops in the same day (e.g. 2 the same for different classes or one of each for the same class).
To book workshops email email@example.com or call 07738040451